Maybe you landed here randomly or you arrived from our about page. Whatever the way, I’m happy you care enough to at least click on our super self-absorbed page allllllllllll about us! We promise not to bore you, we love talking about ourselves 🙂
Stephanie is originally from Fort Worth, Texas but lived in upstate New York for a couple years, and now calls beautiful Minneapolis, Minnesota her home.
She is the oldest of four children- two brothers, a sister, and has an enormous extended family, largely in part to her grandparents who had like 17 siblings. That’s not a joke.
After getting a degree in biology from Texas Tech University she worked various research positions including her most favorite,
Along with acquiring a degree she acquired a puppy named Izzie.
She is now an 11-year-old Yorkie who loves to dress up for the holidays…
A few years later she went back to school, this time for nursing and started working in an intensive care unit. All of that was just fine, but something was missing.
In December 2015 she made the cross-country move to join her family in Minnesota. It’s unclear what she was thinking because Minnesota in December isn’t
always ever a pleasant place.
Shortly after moving to Minnesota she met Pete. They dated for a little over a year and went on many great adventures – including Mexico just 3 short months into their relationship. Is that crazy?
Probably definitely. They also ventured to Morocco and Portugal as well as several states for nearby weekend trips.
Stephanie’s favorite things
- Pete, Izzie, and little baby K
- Teal, coral, blue, and purple anything
- Game of Thrones, West World, The Office, Justified, and The Good Place
- Online shopping at Amazon
- Sushi, Indian, and local artisanal foods/tasting menus
- Dream vacation- Churchill Manitoba and
- Loves the Lion King, Hector and the Search for Happiness, and Bridesmaids
- Camping, hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, swimming
- Crafty things like photography projects, sentimental projects, home décor, etc.
- Baking and cooking
Pete was born in Chicago, Illinois and mainly grew up around Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He is the middle child of three boys as well as an uncle to a niece and nephew.
He made the trek up to Minneapolis to attend undergrad at the University of Minnesota where he graduated with a degree in some English stuff. Shortly after he made the
sometimes always questionable decision to attend law school back in Wisconsin.
After graduating law school he worked for a bit in Wisconsin before deciding to move back to Minneapolis just 4 months before Stephanie did. Fate, anyone?
And as you already know, shortly after being in Minnesota he met the lovely Stephanie and the rest is history.
Pete’s favorite things
- Steff, Izzie, and baby K
- Hiking, camping, kayaking
- Homebrewing and video games
- Game of Thrones, West World, and Justified
- Mindlessly browsing for things at REI
- Eating at boujee restaurants and artisanal coffee shops
- Dream vacation: Japan
Izzie is an 11-year-old Yorkie who originally hails from Texas but calls anywhere her mommy is home. She was less than thrilled moving from warm and sunny Texas up to bitterly cold and frozen Minnesota, but after 3 years she’s pretty much gotten over it. Except when it’s below zero – she protests hard against that.
Other than being forced to go outside when she doesn’t want, Izzie has a pretty cush life. Believe it or not, she’s also done a lot of traveling! Izzie sadly doesn’t have a passport 😉 so she’s never been abroad, but she has flown on many airplanes and survived several long-haul road trips.
Izzie’s favorite things
- Mommy, daddy, and maybe baby K – the jury is out on that
- Camping, hiking, kayaking, swimming
- Going for long romantic walks through the woods
- Dog-friendly patios with a doggy dinner menu
- Chasing squirrels and rabbits
- Dog parks, treats, belly rubs, and being brushed
- Sitting on the back of the couch barking at humans, dogs, squirrels, and sometimes just the wind
- Early morning cuddles
So, now that you’ve met us – don’t you think we’re pretty cool? Or at the very least okay fun people!? Hah…I hope so! But please, pull up a chair and stick around for a while.
If you want to catch up with us in real-time follow us below!
Instagram-We hang out here quite frequently
Pinterest – Who doesn’t love browsing page after page of beautiful travel photos?
Facebook– A fun place to connect with like-minded travelers
Twitter– quickly becoming our favorite hangout!
Nice to meet ya!
Steff, Pete, baby K, and Izzie xx